Dr. Hetherington's RESEARCH GROUP
Danielle Olinger (PhD): Thermal metamorphism and metasomatism
Stanley Hensley (M.S.): Trace element mobility in the sub-solidus.
Trudy Watkins (B.S.): Thermal conductivity in deformed quartizes.
Ryan Berry (B.S.): Correlating intrusive and extrusive rocks in the Rogue and Chetco Formations, Klamath Mountains, by trace element analysis in pyroxene and amphiboles.
Brain Crass (B.S.): Can uranium be used as a prospecting tool for unconventional oil and gas resources?
Jordan Dyer (B.S.): Whole-rock compositions for a set of possibly related intrusive and extrusive igneous rocks.
Alex Gonzales (B.S.): The impact of an acidic pre-hydraulic-fracture flush on the mineralogy and composition of gas shales.
Anthony Romanoski (M.S. 2012): Timing and rates of peraluminous magma formation and emplacement in the Ruby Mountains, Nevada.
- Anthony is working for HESS Corporation, and is based in Houston, TX.
B. Rex McLachlin (M.S. 2011): Petrology of the Chetco Complex, Klamath Mountains, Oregon
- Working as an Consulting Geologist out of Bozeman, MT.
Brandon Nally (B.S. 2012):Paleoclimate Interpretation of the Lower Fountain Formation, Manitou Springs, Colorado, by Clay Mineralogy
Laura Moore (B.S. 2012): Trace element controls on calciate morphology.
- Working in retail and basedi n the Dallas-Fortworth area.
Avery Arendale (B.S. 2011): Constraining the onset of Cretaceous peraluminous magmatism in the Ruby Mountains, Nevada
- Enrolled as an MS student at Rice University, Houston.
Wally Dunn (B.S. 2011): Provenance studies in the Permian aged San Angelo Formation, near Bronte, Texas: Implications for a trans-mountain fluvial system linking Africa to Texas.
- Working for CrownQuest, an independent oil and gas exploration and development company based in Midland, TX.
Brian Horton (B.S. 2011): Quartz preferred orientation and its impact on thermal anisotropy in sandstone and quartzite.
- Working as an Associate Technical Professional with Halliburton. Brian is based out of Odessa, TX.
Charles Ward (B.S. 2011): Greenstone rocks in the Mimbres Valley, Central New Mexico: Geological significance and archaeological provenance
- Working as a core analyst with Core Laboratories, and is currently based in Midland, TX.
Kevin Werts (B.S. 2010): Field relationships and zircon constrain relative timing of peraluminous magmatism and metamorphismm in the Ruby Mountains, Nevada.
- Completed a MS in the Summer of 2012 at the University of Florida, working on a project supervised by Mike Perfit. Kevin is currently teaching Mineralogy at the same University.
Joseph Yoklavich (B.S. 2010): Crystallization and reaction sequences in a NYF pegmatite: a case study from the Hundholmen locality, Norway.
- Is working as a software engineer and developer in the field of exploration. Joseph is currently based in Denver, CO.