Ethan Backus (M.S.): The behavior of monazite as a function of bulk-rock and fluid composition.
Stephen Nguyen (M.S.): Did mid-crustal flow play a role in sustaining the Nevadaplano?
Stanley Hensley (M.S.): Lithological Correlation with Trace Element Abundances and Monazite Stability: Implications for Fluid Availability in the Metamorphic Aureole of the Ballachulish Igneous Complex.
- Is working for Occidental in the Bakersfield Region, California.
Anthony Romanoski (M.S. 2012): Timing and rates of peraluminous magma formation and emplacement in the Ruby Mountains, Nevada.
- Anthony is working for HESS Corporation, and is based in Houston, TX.
B. Rex McLachlin (M.S. 2011): Petrology of the Chetco Complex, Klamath Mountains, Oregon
- Working as an Consulting Geologist out of Bozeman, MT.
Trudy Watkins (B.S., 2014): Quartz preferred orientation and its impact on thermal conductivity in quartizes.
- Will attened Graduate School at LSU
Deborah Drennan (B.S., 2014): Application of Tessier method to heavy-metal extraction from oil and gas shale plays.
- Will be working for Schlumberger in Houston.
Alex Gonzales (B.S., 2014): The impact of an acidification in the pre-hydraulic-fracture stages of mudstone completion strategies.
- Plans to work in the oil and gas industry.
Ryan Berry (B.S., 2013): Trace elements in pyroxene from the Rogue and Chetco Formations, Klamath Mountains.
- Will attened Graduate School at Texas Tech University
Jordan Dyer (B.S. 2013): Whole-rock compositional analysis of Rogue Volcanics.
- Working for Economy Polymers, and based in the Midland area, Texas.
Brain Crass (B.S. 2013):Qualitative Uranium Analysis of Mississippian-Age High Gamma Carbonate, Bend Arch Region, Texas
- Will attened Graduate School at Baylor University
Brandon Nally (B.S. 2012):Paleoclimate Interpretation of the Lower Fountain Formation, Manitou Springs, Colorado, by Clay Mineralogy
- Brandon recently joined Environmental Science & Engineering Partners (ESE), as a Staff Environmental Geologist, and is based in the Houston area.
Laura Moore (B.S. 2012): Trace element controls on calciate morphology.
- Working in retail and basedi n the Dallas-Fortworth area.
Avery Arendale (B.S. 2011): Constraining the onset of Cretaceous peraluminous magmatism in the Ruby Mountains, Nevada
- Enrolled as an MS student at Rice University, Houston.
Wally Dunn (B.S. 2011): Provenance studies in the Permian aged San Angelo Formation, near Bronte, Texas: Implications for a trans-mountain fluvial system linking Africa to Texas.
- Working for CrownQuest, an independent oil and gas exploration and development company based in Midland, TX.
Brian Horton (B.S. 2011): Quartz preferred orientation and its impact on thermal anisotropy in sandstone and quartzite.
- Working as an Associate Technical Professional with Halliburton. Brian is based out of Odessa, TX.
Charles Ward (B.S. 2011): Greenstone rocks in the Mimbres Valley, Central New Mexico: Geological significance and archaeological provenance
- Working as a core analyst with Core Laboratories, and is currently based in Midland, TX.
Kevin Werts (B.S. 2010): Field relationships and zircon constrain relative timing of peraluminous magmatism and metamorphismm in the Ruby Mountains, Nevada.
- Completed a MS in the Summer of 2012 at the University of Florida, working on a project supervised by Mike Perfit. Kevin is currently teaching Mineralogy at the same University.
Joseph Yoklavich (B.S. 2010): Crystallization and reaction sequences in a NYF pegmatite: a case study from the Hundholmen locality, Norway.
- Is working as a software engineer and developer in the field of exploration. Joseph is currently based in Denver, CO.